Development of 30sec piece:
1. DID YOU KNOW THAT FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION HAS EXISTED SINCE 4,000 TO 5,000 YEARS AGO!? FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION GOES BACK SINCE THE ANCIENT TIMES PREDATING GOD.
2. FGM is the partial or total removal of the external female genitalia.
So what happens when FGM is practiced?
5.open sores in genital region
3.increase risk of childbirth + newborn deaths
4.recurrent bladder and urinary tract infections
3. FGM is mainly practiced mainly on young girls between infancy and the age of 15 and 3 million of those girls are considered to be at risk of FGM every year.
4. DID YOU KNOW THAT 100-140 MILLION AFRICAN WOMEN UNDERGO GENITAL MUTILATION EACH YEAR WORLDWIDE?
5. It has been recorded that the majority of cases that practice FGM are in 28 African countries…
98% such as: ETHIOPIA, EGYPT, SOMALIA, SUDAN
20% – 50% such as: NIGERIA, KENYA, TOGO, SENEGAL
*percentage of FGM practiced on women
6. How are you going to help stop these mundane acts against the basic human rights?
7. JOIN STOP FGM NOW, Visit http://www.stop-fgm-now.com/campaign