After having seen the final edit a million times, i decided to give my opinion on the final product. Due to the piece being an informative piece i thought it conveyed the most important pieces of text really well. What i wasn’t to pleased about was the simplicity of the piece, unfortunately i couldn’t use my usual style of drawing and colours in the animation because of the actual message I was trying to send out. When info-graphics are made, they require a lot of time of pre-production to get the right amount of information absorbed by the audience, making the visuals stand out a little less than the outcome of the purpose, which in this case is raising awareness on female genital mutilation. Talking to Dan i realized that i had accomplished, in a short amount of time what I had planned to do. Therefore in terms of organization and timing I successfully got everything done to also meet the needs of Janos who helped me out with the sound design part.
Throughout the project i did have a few glitches which helped me learn and attribute a few skills and short-cuts that i learned by myself and with Dan’s help in the individual tutorials. I gained a lot of knowledge on how to make a basic info-graphic by incorporating some visuals with important text. I enjoyed this project a lot also because i know that in the future i will make good use the skills to make other info-graphics on more topics i am passionate about. In the future, i am sure i want to work for companies that offer humanitarian aid and use my creative input to help.